My new novel, "Taking The King's Shilling" publishes on November 29th... only on Amazon
The missing Mojos masterpiece,
In 1968 I was 14 years old and music played a big part in my life. However, because this was way before the internet, we were fairly limited in how we found our music. Music papers such as Melody Maker, New Musical Express, and Sounds gave us hints as to what was going on outside of our geographical range, and many hours in record shops, browsing through albums and singles gave us some idea of new acts. Also radio plays gave us hints as to trends. I'm saying this as an excuse for having missed this masterpiece. Until My Baby Comes Home “Until My Baby Comes Home” by The Mojos is the song that I wished I'd heard when I was 14. The Mojos came out of the Liverpool scene, and hustled and bustled through 5 years of changing line ups and some banger songs. 1964's “Everything's Alright” has been covered by many artists including David Bowie, and still stands out as a great example of power pop. I've delved into the back catalogue quite a bit, but in my opinion “U...
Comments
Post a Comment